Information for Graduate Students
Congratulations on your achievement!
This checklist serves as a reference to assist you through the commencement registration process. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not guarantee graduation from the University. All degree requirements must be met in order to receive your diploma.
- Order regalia from the Bookstore
- Complete everything on Marching Order: Register with Marching Order, our commencement event software. This software ensures that your name is pronounced correctly during the ceremony. You can submit content for a slide that is shown prior to the start of the ceremony. This is also where your tickets will be for the ceremony.
- Go to the Marching Order website
- Register as a NEW USER: click the “Please click here to register” link
- Enter your Mines email address, then click “Request Password”
- An email will be sent to you with instructions to create a password and access the site.
- Update your info to receive Mines alumni communications
- Fill out a survey for the Career Center
- Make your mark before you graduate
- Enjoy the Commencement Ceremony in Lockridge Arena. You have earned it!
Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 11, 3 p.m. – Lockridge Arena
PhD candidates will be hooded during the ceremony
Students line up in the Rec Gym: 2 p.m.
Doors Open: 2 p.m.
Ceremony starts at 3 p.m.
Ceremony ends ~5 p.m.
- April 3
Last day to RSVP for the ceremony through Marching Order
- April 3 (or when RSVP submitted)
Ceremony tickets available through Marching Order. RSVP must be submitted before you can access your tickets, students are guaranteed 6 tickets. Additional requests will be considered based on supply and demand.
- April 13
Last day to enter name pronunciation through Marching Order
- April 1
Last day to order cap and gown online through the Bookstore. From April 1 at 10 p.m. until April 11 at 9:59 p.m., online orders will require expedited shipping. Order prior to April 1 to avoid these charges. After April 11, you must place orders in-person in the Bookstore.
- April 21
Last day to claim allocated ceremony tickets through Marching Order before they are distributed to those on the wait list.
- April 25
Last day to submit content for your ceremony slide through Marching Order
- May 11, 3 p.m.
Commencement Day (line up at 2 p.m. in the SRC Rec Gym, 2nd floor)