Information for Graduate Students
Congratulations on your achievement!
This checklist serves as a reference to assist you through the commencement registration process. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not guarantee graduation from the University. All degree requirements must be met in order to receive your diploma.
- Apply for Graduation with the Registrar’s Office
- Order regalia from the Bookstore
- Confirm name pronunciation by November 16: Register with Marching Order, our commencement event software. This software ensures that your name is pronounced correctly during the ceremony.
- Go to the Marching Order website
- Register as a NEW USER: click the “Please click here to register” link
- Enter your Mines email address, then click “Request Password”
- An email will be sent to you with instructions to create a password and access the site.
- Update your info to receive Mines alumni communications
- Fill out a survey for the Career Center
- Make your mark before you graduate
- Enjoy the Commencement Ceremony on Friday, December 16 at 2 p.m. You have earned it!
Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Friday, December 16, 2 p.m. – Lockridge Arena
PhD candidates will be hooded during the ceremony
Students line up in the Rec Gym: 1 p.m.
Doors Open: 1 p.m.
Ceremony starts at 2 p.m.
Ceremony ends ~4 p.m.
- November 1
Last day to RSVP for the ceremony through Marching Order
- November 1 (or when RSVP submitted)
Ceremony tickets available through Marching Order. RSVP must be submitted before you can access your tickets. Ticket allocation will be announced in October. Additional requests will be considered based on supply and demand.
- November 16
Last day to enter name pronunciation through Marching Order
- November 18
Last day to order cap and gown online through the Bookstore
- November 29
Last day to claim allocated ceremony tickets before they will be distributed to those on the waitlist.
- November 29
Last day to submit content for your ceremony slide through Marching Order
- December 16
Commencement Day (line up at 1 p.m., in the SRC Rec Gym, 2nd floor)